1/4 cup (38 g) chopped onion
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 cup (240 ml) chicken broth
1 cup (240 ml) half and half mixed with 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
3 (492 g) large red peppers, roasted
2 cups (270 g) imitation or fresh crab meat, cooked
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
Pinch cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Sauté onions in olive oil.
2. Place sautéed onion, broth, half and half with flour, red peppers, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper into Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
3. Select Variable 1.
4. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
5. Blend for 6 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid. Add salt.
6. Reduce speed to Variable 2 and remove the lid plug. Drop crab meat through the lid plug opening. Stop machine and serve immediately.
For a non-dairy alternative, substitute soy milk for low fat or skim milk.
This recipe has been written for the Vitamix 5200 with Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities